Pros & Cons of Wet Rooms
Here at Eddie Plumbing Services, one of the most common requests we get is to install a wet room in a customers’ home. Wet rooms are fast becoming one of the UK’s most popular styles of bathroom, with many loving the space and luxurious feel they provide.
As with all bathroom styles, wet rooms have their own pros and cons that need to be considered.
Pros of Wet Rooms
- Wet rooms were first used in luxurious beach resorts. Because of this, a wet room that has been properly installed can have a positive effect on the value of your home.
- A wet room can increase the usable space in your bathroom and make your bathroom seem larger than it really is.
- Because of the reduced number of appliances, wet rooms are actually easier to clean than normal bathrooms. A simple steam clean is usually enough to lift any dirt away.
- The open space, coupled with the minimalistic style is especially helpful for those with reduced mobility. Easy to access wet rooms, reduce the necessity to climb in and out of a bath, as well as removing the possibility of tripping over edges of shower trays. There is also the ability to install a shower chair in your wet room, to further help you if you have reduced mobility.
Cons of Wet Rooms
- Wet rooms have a tendency to steam up easily. Because of this, it is important to have good ventilation to your wet room. This will not only allow steam to escape your wet room, but it will also help prevent mould growth.
- Just because a wet room adds value to your house, doesn’t make it more saleable. When you come to selling your home, you may find that people prefer to have a bath as well as a shower. Wet rooms are welcome additions, but it is important to think carefully about going bath free.
- Wet rooms are an expensive addition. Most people tend to have their wet room tiled from top to bottom, which can mount up the cost of your new bathroom. Make sure to look at different finishes before going ahead with a wet room.
- Because there are no set cubicles for showers, you may find that wet rooms are usually quite damp. This can make it difficult to hang towels, or any other soft furnishings in your bathroom. It is important to understand the storage capacity of your bathroom before installing a wet room.
At Eddie Plumbing Services, we ensure that every installation we complete is to the highest standard possible. We are experts at wet room installation, and would be more than happy to talk to you about how a wet room can improve your home. For more information, please feel free to contact us on 0800 955 6065 or request a quick quote.